Today I met up with my good friend Paddy Nisbett, Tai Chi Instructor in Bath, whilst chatting about all the exciting adventures taking place in both of our lives he brought into the conversation the work of Brene Brown and her 10 Guideposts for “Wholehearted Living”. The following points are the culmination of her research into what she believes people living “wholeheartedly” cultivate in their lives. To me they make sense, take a look and let me know what your think.
I particularly like No 5…
From Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brene Brown.
1. Cultivating Authenticity: Letting Go of What People Think.
2. Cultivating Self-Compassion: Letting Go of Perfectionism.
3. Cultivating a Resilient Spirit: Letting Go of Numbing and Powerlessness.
4. Cultivating Gratitude and Joy: Letting Go of Scarcity and Fear of the Dark.
5. Cultivating Intuition and Trusting Faith: Letting Go of the Need for Certainty.
6. Cultivating Creativity: Letting Go of Comparison.
7. Cultivating Play and Rest: Letting Go of Exhaustion as a Status Symbol and Productivity as Self-Worth.
8. Cultivation Calm and Stillness: Letting Go of Anxiety as a Lifestyle.
9. Cultivating Meaningful Work: Letting Go of Self-Doubt and “Supposed To.
10. Cultivating Laughter, Song, and Dance: Letting Go of Being Cool and “Always in Control.
Leave a Reply